Audio Mixers & Interfaces
As an affiliate, please be aware that the author receives commission on sales through this link but at no cost to the buyer.
- Compact, high-quality audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a DSLR camera. Uses an SD/SDHC card as recording medium.
- XLR mic/line inputs can provide phantom power (+24V/+48V); TRS mic/line inputs support +24 dBu input when used as line inputs; Stereo mini jack input supports mics that require plug-in power.
- Recording at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, linear PCM (WAV format). In addition to ordinary stereo recording, simultaneous recording of up to four channels is possible.
- Camera input enables convenient monitoring of audio from a DSLR camera; Selectable mid-side decoding for use with MS microphone setups.
- Operates on four AA batteries, an optional AC adaptor (Tascam PS-P520E), optional external battery pack (Tascam BP-6AA) or USB bus power.
The DR-60D MKII is a compact 4-track audio recorder for dedicated use with a digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) or digital single-lens mirrorless (DSLM) camera as a video system. It can be mounted directly to the camera and offers various audio inputs and outputs to allow the recording of high-resolution audio material in parallel to, but separated from the camera and its video data.
The recorder features Tascam original HDDA microphone preamps which are known for high S/N ratio, low input-referred noise and low distortion. Recordings can be made at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit in WAV or BWF format.
In addition to ordinary stereo recording, it is possible to record up to four channels simultaneously which can then be mixed down to a stereo signal. Recording levels can be adjusted independently for inputs 1, 2 and 3-4 and the Dual Recording function allows two files to be recorded in parallel at different levels.
The DR-60D MKII can output high-quality audio to a DSLR/DSLM camera to be recorded there as a reference track, and a camera input enables convenient monitoring of audio sent from a DSLR camera.
Mid-side decoding, slate tone functions (automatic/manual), selectable time delay and other functions for convenient recording are also available.