Martin DX1RAE Acoustic Guitar
The Martin DX1RAE is a great instrument for both live and studio performances.
This guitar has a solid Spruce top and High-Pressure Laminate (HPL), back and sides. The sound quality excels, with a rich base and excellent balanced sound over the whole audio spectrum.
When I started to think about creating this website, I also had in mind, the idea of uploading demo cover songs. I realized that I needed to be a little bit more ambitious if I was going to record quality tracks, hence the Martin DX1RAE. Spec details are below!.
I have only had this guitar for a few weeks so I’ll do a review after I’ve had more time with it.
- Magnificent for the stage or studio thanks to Fishman electronics
- Beautiful, natural tone created by environmentally friendly tonewoods
- Exquisite playability provided by hand rubbed, tapered neck
- Elegant sound in a guitar that’s perfect for professional musicians and novices alike
Crystal-clear amplified sound
An electronic system that retains your natural acoustic warmth and resonance. The Martin DX1RAE comes fitted with a superb Fishman Sonitone preamp that delivers everything you play with industry-leading clarity.
Many electro acoustic pickup systems fail to provide authentic acoustic sound when playing at high volume. This is not a problem you’ll ever have with the DX1RAE. The Sonitone’s active electronic pickup system is designed to communicate your guitar’s exact voice at high output. This makes the guitar superb for live performance in larger venues. It’s an instrument that’ll never make you sacrifice warmth or fidelity.
Stunning natural resonance
This is an electro acoustic that’s built to sound amazing in every situation, whether it’s plugged in or not. With a large dreadnought body, the increased size allows the sound waves from each string to reverberate around the guitar more, producing a bigger, richer tone. It’s also great for helping sustain each note you play, ensuring everything sounds clear and full.
Warmth and brightness in tone in equal measure
Fitted with a stunning blend of premium tonewoods, the DX1RAE will provide you with a gorgeous, wide-reaching tonal palette that can suit any style. A sitka spruce top brings sharpness in tone and a superb dynamic range. It’ll accommodate anything from gentle fingerpicking to heavy strumming, and will deliver your high-end and mid-range notes with beautiful, natural sound. High performance laminate wood used for the body’s back and sides brings depth and fullness to the table, meaning you can also deliver remarkably clear bass tones. The DX1RAE provides you with all the tools you need to sound brilliant at any pitch.
Your smoothest playing action yet. Martin have fitted the DX1RAE with a High Performance Taper neck to give you a magnificent playing experience. The changing width of the neck as your hand moves along it makes playing complicated chords easier. Your playing accuracy will be improved, and you’ll comfortably be able to transition from chord to chord and note to note without difficulty.
The sleekness of the rust birch laminate used for the neck adds an extra element of playability, helping you to play at faster tempos. Plus, a hand-rubbed finish makes the neck profile even more comfortable when it sits in the palm of your hand. It’s all of these expertly-designed features that give the DX1RAE the perfectly-tailored acoustic guitar neck.
Classic Martin quality
Another magnificent offering from the masters of acoustic guitar making. Martin have been crafting superb instruments for almost 200 years. In this time, they’ve learned absolutely everything there is to know about how to make a guitar sound and feel amazing. So you know that when you get a Martin guitar, you’re investing in quality that has been at the pinnacle of the music industry since 1833. Their acoustic instruments are known for their matchless calibre, and are used by some of the finest musicians on the planet. Don’t settle for anything less than the best.
- Model Name: Martin DX1RAE Electro Acoustic Left Handed
- Dexterity: Right Hand
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: HPL
- Side Material: HPL
- Top Finish: Hand Rubbed
- Top Colour: Clear
- Back Detail: Rosewood Pattern
- Side Detail: Rosewood Pattern
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 0.3125″ w/0.25″ Tone Bars
- Heelcap: Black
Neck and Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Scale Length: 25.4″
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1.75″
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2.125″
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- No. of Frets: 20
- Neck Joint: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
Hardware and Electronics
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly – Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2.15625″
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16″
- Headstock Shape: Solid w/Standard Taper
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Knob: Small
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Label: Foil Label